Finding the best essential oils for rheumatoid arthritis can help you relieve arthritis pain naturally!
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune disease caused by inflammation that damages the joints. Symptoms include stiffness and pain in the joints, swelling, redness and limited range of motion.
This painful condition affects millions of people across the globe.
Severe arthritis pain interferes with your life and it can prevent you from doing the things you enjoy doing. It may keep you from playing with your kids or holding down a job. The pain can be overbearing at times so that all you want is a little relief.
One of my family friends suffers from severe rheumatoid arthritis, so I know how debilitating the pains can be!
However, the good news is, you can use essential oils to help relieve arthritis pain. Some oils contain anti-inflammatory properties believed to reduce inflammation and swelling. And some have analgesic properties that help ease the pain associated with this condition.
If you have arthritis and you haven’t tried essential oils yet, why not give it a go and see if helps? Even a little relief from pain or inflammation would definitely make it worth it.
First you need to begin with knowing which oils to use. Also, if you’ve never used EO before, then it’s important that you take some time to learn how to use them correctly.
Some of these oils are very potent and they need to be used correctly to be safe.
1) Birch EO – One of the best essential oils for RA, birch has anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties that help to reduce joints and muscle pain. It also contains methyl salicylate and salicylic acids, which may also be helpful in reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
2) Peppermint – Peppermint oil is rich in anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help to reduce inflammation and pains associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
3) Ginger – Not only is ginger widely used as spice for culinary purposes, but ginger EO is also used for therapeutic purposes for several health conditions including arthritis. This is because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
4) Turmeric – The main active ingredient in turmeric is called curcumin. It is proven to have potent anti-inflammatory effects that can help people manage rheumatoid arthritis.
5) Orange – This is one of the best essential oils for rheumatoid arthritis as it is rich in potent anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help to fight pain.
6) Lemongrass – It has astringent and diuretic effects, thus it reduces swelling by drawing away fluid from the body. Little wonder it is effective at relieving arthritis pain. It is a great option for those allergic to aspirin or taking blood thinners as its anti-inflammatory properties are not derived from salicylates.
7) Frankincense – Helps to block the production of inflammation in the body, thus preventing damage to the cartilage. It is also rich in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, which have healing effects.
8) Myrrh – Reduces swelling in the joints, there by reducing the associated pains
9) Eucalyptus – Has strong anti-inflammatory effects that can produce quick relief from pain
10) Rosemary – Rosemary oil contains rosmarinic acid, which has anti-inflammatory and anesthetic effects and help in reducing arthritis pains as well as inhibits arthritis progression.
11) Lavender Oil – Lavender has anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties that make it effective for arthritis pain. Its relaxing and soothing effects are also very helpful for joint pain and stiffness.
These oils are popular because they have therapeutic properties believed to naturally reduce inflammation and promote healing while easing the joint stiffness and pain associated with arthritis.
Some of these rheumatoid arthritis essential oils also promote good circulation, which may help with this condition.
You can use these oils topically. Simply add a couple of drops to your favorite carrier oil and massage into the skin around the affected area.
It should help to reduce inflammation and relieve the pain.
If you prefer, you can add a few drops of your mixture to warm bathwater and allow the oils to soak into your skin as you relax in the tub.
Blending oils together increases their effectiveness so you get better results.
Blending is easy but you do want to choose oils that work well together. For example, when blending oils to treat arthritis, you would want one that contains anti-inflammatory properties and one that has a pain killer.
Here is an essential oil recipe for arthritis you can use to make your own blend:
Add the essential oils listed above into a 10 ml roller bottle and fill up with a carrier oil of choice. Use to massage the affected area!
Always mix with carrier oil before applying to the skin or adding to bath water to prevent irritation.
Thousands of people use essential oils everyday to help ease their rheumatoid arthritis pain. Since essential oils are natural, they’re believed to be healthier and safer to use.
Are you ready to give them a try? Just choose from the best essential oils for rheumatoid arthritis mentioned above!
Truth be told, essential oils may be exactly what you need to relieve arthritis pain naturally.
You should consult your doctor before using essential oils if you are pregnant or nursing a baby!
This post is for educational and informational purposes only and does not intend to diagnose or treat any disease.