This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase through a link on this page.
Make Your Own All-Natural Diy Headache Relief Balm Using Essential Oils!
I hate taking pills, so whenever I get a headache, my first instinct is to look for a natural remedy. And this diy headache relief balm with essential oils is one of my favorites.
It works well for and is easy to make… talk of a win win situation! Read on to learn how to make headache balm at home.
Why am I having a Headache Again?
This is a very common question that many ask themselves every day.
Well, there are several reasons why headaches occur. These range from sinus pressure and congestion, dental-related issues, tension caused by stress or anxiety, caffeine withdrawal, exhaustion, hunger, alcohol, lack of sleep among many other reasons.
Personally, my headaches are always stress related! It can be very painful and disabling a times.
Another common cause of headaches is overuse of pain medications. This is known as rebound headache. Ironically the first thing most people do is take over the counter medication to treat a headache.
This invariably can lead to a vicious cycle, whereby repeated use of painkillers for treating headaches ends up causing more headaches.
See where the solution becomes the problem?
Not only does overuse of pain medications cause frequent headaches, but they only offer temporary fix or cover up.
The pills do not actually treat the core underlying issue of a headache itself, causing the headaches to return. They also have negatives side effects and may end up damaging your liver or kidney!
This is why, I prefer treating my headaches naturally. This headache relief balm is made with all-natural ingredients. Moreover it works without any negative side effects!
How to Make Your Own Headache Relief Balm with Essential Oils – Headache Balm Recipe!
Ingredients and Benefits
- 1 oz Unrefined Cocoa Butter – An excellent moisturizer that hydrates the skin and helps heal from inside out due to its great source of natural antioxidants. Softer than beeswax, which is more common to use in balms.
- 1 Tablespoon Unrefined Coconut Oil – Acts as an effective skin moisturizer, also helps in treating various skin problems, including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, and other skin infections
- 2 drops Tea Tree Oil – Well-known for its powerful antiseptic properties and because of its ability to kill parasites and fungal infections, it is the perfect ingredient to keep your relief balm fresh.
- 8 drops Peppermint EO – Slows down muscle contractions and helps to improve blood circulation, reduce pain and relieve tension.
- 6 drops Eucalyptus EO – Cleanses body and toxins and opens the nasal airways and eliminates sinus pressure. It also decreases a person’s pain and blood pressure which is beneficial to people suffering from tension headaches.
- 3 drops Frankincense Essential Oil – This EO helps with neurological issues and is great for relieving migraine pressure as it clears mucus and congestion. Frankincense also soothes irritated skin and helps you feel relaxed and uplifted.
You will also need (2) 1 oz or (1) 2 oz container to put the balm.
Houseables Aluminum Tin Jars, 1 Oz, 30 ML Gram Jar, 12 pcs12 pcs of 2 Oz, 60 ML Gram Jar Cosmetic Sample Silver Aluminum Tins Empty
- In a glass container or a microwave-safe bowl, fully melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil together
- Remove from microwave
- Allow to cool a bit, add in the essential oils and stir very well.
- Slowly pour into balm container(s)
- Let it cool until completely solidified. Because cocoa butter does not solidify quickly, you may let cool in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- To use, rub your fingers on the balm then massage onto your temples, behind your ears and back of the neck. You will feel a cooling sensation that will help soothe your headache pain. Rub temples as needed to reactivate the balm.
The cooling effect of this balm will soothe the pain and is perfect for massaging your temples, behind ears and back of neck whenever you feel the beginning phases of a headache begin to appear.
That’s it – recipe for diy headache relief balm with essential oils… all-natural, simple and easy! So give it a try and feel free to share your results with us using the comment form below!
This article is for educational and informational purposes only, it does not intend to diagnose or treat any disease.